Well, we made it through this year and that is a massive achievement within itself.
Who would have thought we would be living through a pandemic? Certainly not me!
Congratulations for making it through this year.
This goes to show if we have hope and belief in ourselves anything is possible.
Here is a look back on this year for me.
- I started writing my book and got scammed for the intellectual property of my book and for thousands of dollars by someone I thought was my best friend over in the USA. Now I have to start writing my book from scratch
- I made it through 9.5 months of isolation from other people due to the pandemic
- I learned to love myself and believe in myself more.
- I learned that I need to have more patience and not to outsource anything to do with the building and marketing of my business as it never turns out the way I want it to so to do it myself and make the time to do it myself.
- I faced the following fears this year
- Being judged
- Being in front of a video camera
- Not being perfect
- Not being enough
- Not belonging
- Not being loved
The things I have learned this year are:
- That self-belief and self-love are the two most powerful and important things you can ever give yourself
- That it is OK to be vulnerable and to open up to people about my past
- That sharing my experiences with the bad times and how I got through them really does help others when they are in need of something to give them hope and something to believe in kind of like wood for a fire if you don’t have the wood for the fire the fire will never start as the wood is the main ingredient needed to keep the fire alive and burning.
- That throughout my life I thought I could not write as I had no imagination and this year I learned that I can write when I use my passion, real life experiences and what I have learned then I am a really good writer.
- Not to let my imagination take control in situation and make me anxious as you never know what will happen next and as long as you are not over analyzing the what ifs in a negative way then things will turn out OK or even better than OK.
- To let my light shine with you all by daring to be myself when I am on camera in front of you and also through my writing.
- That I have to be careful now more than ever as to who I trust as trust is earned and not just given. Before I used to give the power away by giving my trust to people.
- That what I was doing previously throughout my life when people used to say I inspired them being that tool they needed to have the hope and belief in themselves, life and who they are.
- That through sharing my life experiences with others that even though I thought my life was boring others think of it as inspiring, motivational, and exciting.
- To build up my self-love by having and enforcing my boundaries and my expectations as once people know what they are they will either respect them and me or they will simply move on out of my life.
- That with self-belief, self-confidence and in trusting in who you are that I can do and be anything as it is all up to me and how I feel about me.
- that I need to be open to the signs and to trust my instincts a lot more in life so that I don’t get led up the garden path and hurt.
- That from our experiences in life and how we were raised we all have a different map (view) of the world and that that view of the world isn’t necessarily all there is to the world and that there is so much more out there if we are open to the options and possibilities and if we are not people to them then a little coaching to be able to see them is a good thing.
- That expressing my emotions openly and honestly with people isn’t being weak but being strong and that it is healthy to do so
- That at times it is really hard being a role model for others.
- That being unique and different and embracing it is a true sign of a leader and that people will either love you or hate you for it.
- That what truly matters is what I think of and feel about myself and not so much what others think of me. What others think of me is none of my business.
- That there are some truly amazing people out there and I am glad to know them as knowing them and meeting them is what makes life worth living for.
- That one person can make a difference in the world.
- That if I don’t slow down and take it easy sometimes and do some self-care that the universe will find a way to make you slow down.
- That being driven and motivated can be a good and a bad thing for me at times.
- That being grateful is a key ingredient to being happy
- Asking for help is not a sign of weakness
This year I got my first coaching certification this year and am well on my way to getting my second one
This year I had to let some people go out of my life this year but that only made room for more of the people that were aligned with my morals and values to come into it this year.
This year I realized that everything I have been through in my life was all for the purpose of me sharing those experiences with others and helping them through similar things in their lives.
This year I put my own coaching model together that I can coach people with.
I am truly glad to see the back of 2020 but I did learn a lot from my experiences this year which I am grateful for.
Our past does not define who we are now as we have the ability to learn grow and change\adapt in the here and now which is priceless.
If we don’t change now we will be left behind in the dust of yesterday while others are moving forward without us.
Happy New Year everyone. I truly hope that you are there to join me on my life’s journey in 2021 like you did in 2020. I hope that 2021 bring your all the love, peace, joy, abundance and prosperity that your heart’s desire.
Have an amazing 2021 everyone!
Copyright © 2022 Lynette Diehm.
All rights reserved. No part of this post may be used or reproduced by any means, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping or by any information storage retrieval system without the written permission of the author except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews
#daretobeyou, #daretobeyouinlife, #daretobeyourself, #selflove, #loveyourself, #empowerment, #love, #confidence, #daretobebold, #daretotouch, #empowerment, #selfawareness, #selfesteem, #selfconfidence, #selfrespect, #selfcare, #care, #daretobeyoucoaching, #mindsetcoaching, #transformationalcoaching, #coachingdaretobeyou, #daretoletsoemoneelsetakethewheel, #daretofaceyourfearsheadon, #daretobetrasnformed, #personaldevelopmentcoaching, #personalcoaching, #daretobehappy, #daretobesuccessful, #daretosucceed, #mentalhealth, #personalgrowth, #selfworth, #gratitude, #Yourself, #Outstanding, #Unstoppable, # Dare To Be You