As you all know by now, I am a very experienced project manager in the ICT and business transformation area.
Many years ago, I wasn’t as organised or on top of things like I am now. I was a little scattered, but dint get me wrong. I was very good at what I did, just didn’t have a plan on what I would be doing and when and that was frustrating.
It wasn’t until I became a project manager that I learned what the meaning of being efficient, organised, and focused really meant. I got my first project management job over 10 years ago and I am so glad I got that job as it taught me so much about the person I wanted to and needed to be to be successful at achieving my goals.
I have been a project manager now for 10 years and I have learned, grown and changed quite a lot at that time. I have had to as I have managed projects and mini programs of works for small to global organisations with budgets ranging from $2K to $35M.
Being a project manager taught me all about the following things.
• Schedule and time management
• Tracking and monitoring tasks
• Being more organised
• Being more focussed
• Being more resourceful
• Being driven for success
• People\resource\stakeholder\client expectation management strategies and plans
• People\resource\stakeholder\client communications strategies and plans
• Budget management
• Quality management plans and strategies
• Modifying my communication skills to suite my audience
• How to design, test and implement entire project management governance framework in place for organisations who had none
• How to manage my time and other people’s time more efficiently
• How to delegate and how to manage upwards
• How to collaborate better with other
• How to be flexible and adapt to change
• How to motivate and inspire teams to deliver projects
• When to pick my battles wisely
• When to and when not to fight battles (when it is ok to speak up about something you don’t agree with and when not to)
• That personal and professional development are important
• How to resurrect a failing project and make it a successfully delivered project
These things that I have learned over the 10 years in project management have contributed to the person I am today.
I constantly get asked the following questions, which will in time all be answered for you through my book and my articles:
• What do you do when resurrecting a failed project? And how do you do it?
• How do you stay so focussed and driven?
• How do you operate so well under pressure?
• Why are you so structured?
• How do you move from support roles to management roles?
• Why are you so efficient?
• When there is chaos in what you are doing, how do you give it structure to be able to track progress and move forward?
• How do you stay so motivated to achieve your goals?
• What are some quick, easy, simple things to do to become more organised?
• When your head is so full of details, how do you stay so focussed to be able to work towards the bigger picture?
• When you are going through a rough time, how do you stay on track and forge forwards?
• You are so inspiring. How did you get through some of the toughest times in your life?
• When you are a perfectionist, how do you still get things out there and not be so hard on yourself if you get something wrong or if it fails?
• What sort of mindset do I need to have to be like you?
• How do you support yourself when you have no one else to support yourself?
I have been told over the course of my life that I am inspiring and admirable for the characteristics and traits I have. I have been through so many things in my life that giving up is not an option and nor should it be. My life has been very difficult and because of that, I am in a very fortunate position to be able to coach and mentor people through their life’s journey and the turbulence in their lives.
Ever since I can remember, I have loved helping people. I got into ICT support many years ago because I wanted to help people and organisations with their problems. I got in to project management so that I could deliver transformational projects and systems that would help change the way in which people and organisations operate. Now I am embarking on a coaching journey as I am able to delve in deep with people and help them repair, change and transform the internal relationship of many, which will in turn trickle down to their professional and business life.
Until the internal relationship of a person with themselves is repaired and transformed, that person will not be able to form and transform their relationships and communications with their partners, family, friends, co-workers, bosses, managers, leaders and team members. There is a saying I like to say and modify a little which goes like this:
• Do unto others which you would have them do unto you
I really do believe that the above saying should go like this instead
• Do to and for yourself what you would do to and for others, as your outer world reflects your inner world.
People will not and do not change on the outside if they have not and are not willing to change on the inside. So do personal development and learn, grow, and change from it and let your inner beauty shine through on the outside. Once you do this, you will see a remarkable change happening in and to your outer world. Be all that you can be! ©
Copyright © 2022 Lynette Diehm.
All rights reserved. No part of this post may be used or reproduced by any means, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping or by any information storage retrieval system without the written permission of the author except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.
#daretobeyou, #daretobeyouinlife, #daretobeyourself, #selflove, #loveyourself, #empowerment, #love, #confidence, #daretobebold, #daretotouch, #empowerment, #selfawareness, #selfesteem, #selfconfidence, #selfrespect, #selfcare, #care, #daretobeyoucoaching, #mindsetcoaching, #transformationalcoaching, #coachingdaretobeyou, #daretoletsoemoneelsetakethewheel, #daretofaceyourfearsheadon, #daretobetrasnformed, #personaldevelopmentcoaching, #personalcoaching, #daretobehappy, #daretobesuccessful, #daretosucceed, #mentalhealth, #personalgrowth, #selfworth, #gratitude, #Yourself, #Outstanding, #Unstoppable, # Dare To Be You