I sat at the beach all on my own at lunch time today.
There wasn’t anyone there as it was a reasonably cool and overcast day.
I felt the need to do a self-assessment of things so while I was there, I asked myself the below questions to get a grip on life, where I’m at and where I want to be.
- Who was I in the past?
- How did I get to this point in my life?
- Who am I now?
- Who do I want to be in the future?
- Where has my life to this point taken me?
- Where do I want life in the future to take me?
- What do I need to get me there?
- Who do I need help from to get there?
- What will I need resource wise to get me there?
- How am I going to get myself there?
- When do I need to start taking action to get to my destination in life?
- What am I to people right now?
- Why is this destination I had chosen in life so important?
- Am I on track or have I somehow veered off course?
- If I have veered off course how will I get back on course?
- Do I still use the same goals I created last year or do I create new goals and a strategy to reach them?
- What parts of myself do I like and are working well for me?
- What parts of myself aren’t working so well for me?
- With the parts of my life that I wanted to change as they weren’t working for me what would my strategy be for changing and improving them?
- What people and things in my life am I grateful for right now?
What hit home for me was that we are all perfectly imperfect, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, are positive and negative, our own sense of what is good and bad, right and wrong. We are all a work in progress as everyone has flaws and a past. It is all a part of being human to constantly learn, grow, change and evolve. We all have people who love us and people who hate us. We all experience life in different ways therefore we all have our own realities that are shaped by our past experiences, fears and limitations.
What I also realised is that we should not be living our lives our lives in the past and dwelling on it and we should not be overthinking what will happen in the future we should all be living life and being in the here and now for in the here and now time stands still for us and we have exactly what we need.
What this means is that we aren’t living in the past and getting depressed about what has already happened, and we are not worrying about the future and what may or may not happen and getting
anxious about it, we are just simply in the moment and enjoying living in the moment. That to me sounds bliss.
Too often we let life overtake us and steer us down many fast-paced winding paths and going down these paths may not necessarily be the best paths for us. We need to sit down, take a step back relax and take a for deep breaths and just experience the here and now for the here and now is really all we have as the past has gone and the future is yet to come.
These realisations have made me grateful that I am live and can breathe. The gift of life is the most important most precious thing in the universe and the ability to breath is what keeps us alive.
Without breath there is on life just a nothingness.
Have you ever come to the same realisations I did today with regards to life?
Have you ever overanalysed things?
Have you ever been grateful just to be able to breath and to be alive?
Copyright © 2022 Lynette Diehm.
All rights reserved. No part of this post may be used or reproduced by any means, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping or by any information storage retrieval system without the written permission of the author except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews
#daretobeyou, #daretobeyouinlife, #daretobeyourself, #selflove, #loveyourself, #empowerment, #love, #confidence, #daretobebold, #daretotouch, #empowerment, #selfawareness, #selfesteem, #selfconfidence, #selfrespect, #selfcare, #care, #daretobeyoucoaching, #mindsetcoaching, #transformationalcoaching, #coachingdaretobeyou, #daretoletsoemoneelsetakethewheel, #daretofaceyourfearsheadon, #daretobetrasnformed, #personaldevelopmentcoaching, #personalcoaching, #daretobehappy, #daretobesuccessful, #daretosucceed, #mentalhealth, #personalgrowth, #selfworth, #gratitude, #Yourself, #Outstanding, #Unstoppable, # Dare To Be You